I’m not great at blogging, I like to, but I’m pretty awful about coming up with something to write about every week. Well, something interesting that is. So I was given the idea to do an about me post, my author friend that suggested it, said to do 18. 18! I don’t think there is 18 interesting things about me, so I’m gonna go with 5. A nice small number. So to start,
1. Before anything else I’m a mom. Not always a great mom, but a do-my-best-every-day-mom and that is okay. I have two daughters and every day they amaze and annoy. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
2. I think tattoos are an art form. I love them. I have them. I want more. I have a few that as an adult I may have done differently back when I was young, but I still wear them with pride.
3. I have a severe case of wanderlust. I was born and raised in Connecticut but live in Alabama. In between I have also lived in Idaho, Massachusetts, and West Virginia. After high school I moved on average, once a year. The only reason I’ve lived in one place this long is cause it’s hard to pack up kids and go. But I want to. All the time. My feet get itchy.
4. I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. There are enough things in life to feel guilty about, things you enjoy should not be one of them. I say “live boldly” !! You want to listen to The Spice Girls on high while you clean? Own It! (yep that’s me) You want to watch cheesy 80’s action flicks? Do It!! Read romance novels like they are your only vice? Read On!!! Never let anyone tell you your thing isn’t cool. I swear, it’s made my life so much less stressful 🙂
5. I watch cartoons even when my daughters are not around. My favorite? Phineas and Ferb.
So that is me in a nutshell. (help, I’m in a nutshell, how do I get out?) How about you?